So today I am going to share a couple of simple, easy tricks that I use to keep my skin (the one on my face) looking plump, healthy and glowing without breaking my wallet. As I mention below, make sure you try and test these methods in different ways until you find out what works for your skin.
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar– By this I mean the raw, organic type and recommend Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar. If you have sensitive skin, mix equal parts of the vinegar with cold water. If you like you can use the vinegar just as it is without diluting it if your skin can handle it. Pour in a bottle, and use as a toner. You do have to do a little bit of experimenting here to see what works best for you since everyone’s skin is different. If your skin can handle it, use 5 times per week twice a day. Just remember to start slowly and increase the intensity from there.
- Pure Baking Soda- You can either mix some of your face cleanser with pure baking soda and store it in a container or pour some pure baking soda into a container and keep in your shower caddy and then mix some on your hand into a paste daily. I am not really the measuring type so just mix it into a consistency that you like. Use this paste just like you would use your cleanser 3-4 times a week, twice a day. This leaves your skin with an amazing glow.
- Water- We’ve all heard about drinking 8 glasses of water daily. I don’t follow this rule necessarily. I am no expert but it makes sense that the amount of water you need to drink depends on your body weight and your physical activity level which can differ from day to day. Personally, I carry a 22 oz. water bottle everywhere I go, this way I am taking little sips every so often so I stay hydrated. Try to drink water with meals as much as you can instead of fruit juices (which can contain a lot of sugar)
- Exercise- I find that ever since I started working out, my skin has less breakouts and even if I do breakout, they are gone in less than a week. Start off small maybe 3 times a week and then gradually increase as you get used to it. Everyone is different so you have to find the right time that works for you to workout. For me, I feel more energized and motivated first thing in the morning so that’s the first thing I do every morning.
- Always Moisturize– A well moisturized skin equals a healthy skin which equals a beautiful skin. For health reasons, moisturizing skin can help it maintain its balance and prevent future skin problems like eczema. It also helps skin to maintain its youthfulness and can even reduce the appearance of blemishes. That’s enough to convince anyone, try to moisturize every time you cleanse your face.
- Eating Habits- This line probably sounds like a broken record by now but there is a lot of truth in it. Changing or managing your eating habits is one of the best ways to not only maintain a healthy lifestyle but to maintain a naturally beautiful, healthy skin which is the end goal here. Try to eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, whole grains, foods rich in vitamin E, protein and healthy fats. For example, salmon, nuts, avocado, Greek yogurt, etc.
If you can’t stand eating raw fruits, try mixing it into your cereal or morning oatmeal. If you don’t like veggies, then try blending a little bit into a fruit smoothie to mask the taste. Start small and make a conscious effort to add a little more each week until you can’t do without adding them to your meals.
- Finally, wash off all makeup before you sleep. I don’t know about you guys but after a night of partying or dinner or just hanging out, by the time I get home I am way too tired to use a makeup remover, an eye makeup remover and then a cleanser so I just use a cleanser that gets rid of makeup in one go. I use Murad’s Refreshing Cleanser not just to remove all makeup the first time but because it really helps to minimize my pores and doesn’t dry out my skin.
As a bonus tip: Clean your makeup brushes at least once a week. I use Ecotool’s Makeup Brush Shampoo to clean off all makeup from my makeup brushes. This way, you can get rid of bacteria and dust that could otherwise cause breakouts or clog your pores.
Hope you enjoyed reading this and hope it works for you, feel free to hit the like button and leave feedback below.
Your friends at rawgabbit.com.